ARTISAN® Phakic IOLs
The ARTISAN® Phakic IOL is an intraocular lens used in ophthalmology for the correction of refractive errors in eyes that still have the natural crystalline lens. The lens provides patients with high-quality vision and reduces or eliminates the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Iris fixation advantages:
Iris Fixation or Enclavation:
- Ensures stable fixation to the iris, the toughest tissue within the eye
- Prevents postop rotation
- Ensures an optimal distance from the crystalline lens and the corneal endothelium
- Allows relatively unrestricted constriction and dilation of the pupil
- Permits centration of the lens over the pupil
- Is extremely versatile, as ARTISAN® lenses may be fixated horizontally, vertically or obliquely
- Ensures reversibility of fixation, is easy to reposition and easy to exchange
- Allows maximal visibility of lens
- Permits one size for all
- Offers a long clinical history (first ARTISAN® Phakic IOL implanted on November 2, 1986)
- First phakic IOL to be FDA approved in 2006
To ensure the best outcomes for patients implanted with ARTISAN® lenses, OPHTEC provides lenses only to certified professionals. OPHTEC USA routinely conducts specialized certification courses with wet labs to develop and maintain surgical skills of providers. ARTISAN® training by OPHTEC guarantees the continued high-quality results of the product. Click here for more information and details of courses.
To find an ARTISAN® trained medical professional near you, you can consult the ArtiLens customer website www.ArtiLens.info under Clinics, or contact us directly.